Any individual can claim to be a doctor, cosmetic surgeon or plastic surgeon. You should make it your first priority to check a physician’s credentials. A doctor’s training and certification should be appropriate to the planned procedure. Certification by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) ensures in-depth surgical training in all aspects of plastic surgery. U.S. membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) means a surgeon is ABPS-certified and has met additional requirements for continuing education and experience in cosmetic surgery.
Top 10 things to look for when choosing a Plastic Surgeon
1. Board Certification
2. Facility Accreditation
3. Check Societies and Reliable Sources
4. Experience: In the procedure in which you are interested in.
5. Thoroughness: Custom tailoring the procedure for your individual needs.
6. Rapport: Goal and Realistic Expectations
7. Follow Up Care: Post-ops and revisions
8. Cost: Itemized with No hidden fees, Remember you get what you pay for.
9. Do your research and make a list of the medical questions you want the doctor to answer.
10. Establish a line of communication with your surgeon even if only by phone.
Visit the ASPS web site to learn more about finding the right plastic surgeon for you.
Traveling to Mexico for Plastic Surgery
Many people travel to Mexico for their cosmetic surgery to save money. However, saving money should be secondary to receiving the highest quality care.
Dr. Alejandro Quiroz is one of only a few prominent, truly International Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Licensed in his field in both the US and Mexico.
Dr. Quiroz established CosMed Medical Clinic in 1987 . As founder and Chief Surgeon at CosMed, Dr. Quiroz has dedicated the last twenty two years to performing thousands of cosmetic surgeries using the most advanced procedures and techniques. Dr. Quiroz is a Bi-lingual, Bi-cultural International Surgeon, Licensed in both the United States and Mexico.
*American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
*American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASPRS)
*International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
*Asociacion Mexicana de Cirugia Plastica, Estetica y Reconstructiva (AMCPER)
*San Diego Plastic Surgery Society (SDPSS)